Sunday, March 8, 2009

Swing batter, batter, SWING!

Well baseball season is in full effect.We have been lucky that our pre-season games have ALL been away! So far we have proven to have a much better team this season! We hosted the CCISD tournament this weekend and it is kind of bitter sweet to have the season starting again! We didn’t make the championship game, but we did ok!?!? I love baseball..HELLO I’m married to a baseball coach…but I don’t love chasing my almost 2 year old around the bleachers and soccer fields! We went to the Thursday and Friday game and to be honest Trenton did better than expected. It is hard to attend the games that start at 6 or 7 because that is usually bath and sleep time! He is a trooper and has a great time! There have been a lot of new bribes snacks being introduced lately! I do what I have to do to keep my sanity and support my husband! Here are a few pics from Thursdays game! We played Pearland which the assistant coach is Gene’s best friend… a few weeks back he commented “Man, this must be such an easy and fun age!” I totally stared at him and said sarcastically “It sure is”. After Thursday game of seeing Trenton RUN for 2.5 straight hours he retracted that comment and wished me GOOD LUCK this season! HA!

So here is what a typical baseball game is like for Trenton….UP the bleachers, DOWN the bleachers….ACROSS the bleachers and FALL!

This is up the bleachers…before he decided to fall climb down….DSC03566

A great example of those new SNACKS i mentioned earlier!                                                                                                                        DSC03575DSC03582

Hanging on the field after the game with Daddy.

DSC03588 DSC03590

How incredibly cute is all of Trenton’s new baseball gear! His sweatshirt has the logo that only the players and coaches wear! He is an official CB Wolverine! The saddest part of baseball season is that Trenton can identify Gene on the field and through out the game he will start crying and look out the fence and say “I want Daddy”. Breaks my heart, but kind of sweet at the same time because I see Gene’s face light up when he hears it!

No comments: