Saturday, September 1, 2012

Peyton 3 & 5 Weeks

So I am a little behind on Princess P’s progress, but adjusting to 3 kids while trying to nurse is not easy. Our lives are revolving around 3-4 hour feedings. The house gets torn apart my Tasmanian Trace while I feed her. Peyton is doing great. She has a few bad nights here and there, but for the most part is a great eater and sleeper. She is still on the same 3-4 hour schedule and on occasion will sleep 5-6 hours (mostly during the day). At 3 weeks she had a bit of thrush which the doctor gave us medicine for. She is still wearing newborn clothes only and size NB diapers!

First Day School 003

My how a couple of weeks make a difference. At 5 weeks old Peyton is really starting to change. She is starting to adjust to all of the crazy noise of the house. Really starting to take interest in her swing and bouncy. I think we can get a full 8 minutes in the bouncy and 15 in the swing if Trace doesn’t stop it every 2 seconds to kiss her or steal her paci! She has moved into size 1 diapers (because we ran out of NB in the middle of the night Smile) and has moved into 0-3 month PJ’s. My little one is going to be petite! We can get out and about more. I am a lot less stressed about nursing while we are on the go and she is really good if I put her in her sleepy wrap (thank you Amy Crisp!). We have managed to run a lot of errands, walk brother to school and much more. The adjustment to 3 is getting better for me, now when she is walking that will be a totally different story!

1 month 022

She is really starting to give us BIG GUMMY smiles to which I can never catch on camera! She is also starting to coo at us. The boys get so excited when she smiles at them. They really are pretty good big brothers. Trace is so sweet with her (most of the time)

1 month 023

Look she is starting to get so meat on her bones! Whenever I think she is starting to get big I will see my neighbors niece who is a day younger and realize how little she is. She will be small and mighty like her Mama!!

1 month 029

Just so I can remember this moment (bad or good they should be recorded right): I was getting ready the other day and Peyton was screaming on my bed. She requires being held 24-7. Trace decided to help Mommy and picked her up and tossed her gently laid her in the pillows on my bed. Then he said “It’s ok Pey Pey” and started jumping on the bed around her! Needless to say she was a little scared and Mommy had to fuss at Trace. Sweet girl is going to have to be tough with a brother like Trace!

No comments: