Thursday, May 17, 2012

Corpus Trip – Day 1 (Family Dinner)

We decided at the last minute that we wanted to join Gene’s family in Corpus this weekend to celebrate Janis’s college graduation and Mother’s Day. We never get to see Gene’s family and since traveling to Del Rio isn’t an option since we are so close to sweet baby girl getting here we felt it was a good idea to head to Corpus. We packed up the night before, we both were done with work by 3 and on the road by 4! We arrived in Corpus (after a long trip with Trace screaming) around 8 just in time to meet everyone for dinner. I had my camera, but didn’t take many pics. Trace was running a fever and just not feeling well so I managed him instead. Aunt Rachel was nice enough to take some with her phone so I just hijacked those!

Me, Rachel & Janis – the 2 best Sister In Laws a girl could ask for!

CC 3

Aunt Rachel with all of her nieces and nephews!

CC 1

This is a crazy bunch I tell ya! After being locked in the car for 4 hours it was nice to get out and move around finally!

CC 2

Big Gene and Trace! The only picture I took of this night!

Corpus 006

There was a live mariachi band when we got there and the boys were mesmerized. It’s always nice to go to a LOUD restaurant because then no one notices you have kids with you! I have to admit our boys did an incredible job all weekend. We jam packed our schedule so we could make the most of our trip. I am so happy we decided to go! Our next big trip will be with 3 kids and that will be a little insane!

No comments: