Thursday, May 2, 2013

Aquarium

March 9, 2013 I boldly went where no sane mother of 3 would go alone: The Aquarium. Trenton really wanted to go and I finally agreed to take them. Gene had a game so I figured “How hard could it be to take 3 to the Moody Gardens Aquarium?” Well I am here to tell you it went better than I expected. I am pretty good about letting the kids run free (within reason). I try my best not to hover or chase after them, but the Aquarium was very busy and the boys sometimes took off in different directions. For the most part it was a great time.

Trenton is at the age where he is super curious. He wants to know the names of the fish, where they live, why the look the way they do and so on. He asks a lot of questions. It is one of my favorite phases!

My crew arriving at The Aquarium!

DSCN0787

I just love this picture of the boys watching the sea lions swim around

DSCN0788

This may have been one of those moments where Trace was getting ready to run off. He just has that mischievous look on his face!

DSCN0789  

The shark tunnel is always fun. We hung out here a lot watching the sharks and counting their teeth! DSCN0794

Trace getting a close look at the shark

DSCN0796

I never realized how small the aquarium was. We circled it several times. The boys got to touch a star fish and sea turtle. They watched the Penguins play and eat a few times, but I feel like we were only there an hour. So we walked over to the playground to play.

On our way we ran into this guy! Trace took off running, but Trenton wanted his picture with him.

DSCN0798

I love that I am confident enough to take all 3 kids to a place like the aquarium alone. Baseball season limits what we can do as a family so I have to make the most of everyday. My kids are great and that makes the trips all the more fun!

No comments: