Friday, November 12, 2010

Trenton’s Special Day

Trenton has been such a trooper having little Trace at home. I feel like we are always asking him to grab this or hand me that or please wait one second so I can finish ____ for your brother. He is a super helper and has only had a few melt downs. We decided Sunday after church to take Trenton to Putt Putt Golf place near our house. We were going to do Chuck E Cheese, but the thought of bringing home all those germs gave me anxiety! Trenton was super excited when Nana got to the house and we headed out! He was so happy to play video games, air hockey and play golf all by himself with Mommy and Daddy! He keeps asking when we are going to do it again! It is important to give him some quality alone time and we understand that. We plan to make a habit of special days in the future. Soon we will be chasing two crazy kids around the arcade to play games!! I can’t wait!

Trenton always seems so grown up to me now so I was really excited when he wanted to ride the “kiddy” Clifford ride!

DSC07155

Beating Daddy at air hockey! (Side note: Dad wants one for Christmas now…sure thing honey)

DSC07161

Look how grown up he looks riding the motorcycle!

DSC07163

I thought golf would be fun because Gene and Trenton both love it. Plus it was something I could do. Well we made it about 6 holes before Trenton was fed up with waiting for the crazy profession putt putt family in front of us!

DSC07164

Dad taking the game very serious!

DSC07165

Trenton get ready to Tee Off!

DSC07167

And putting…

DSC07168

We had a great day and I am glad Trenton enjoyed it! He starts school again next week and it is sort of bitter sweet. I love spending the whole day with him, but I am ready for him to go back. He needs the structure and his friends!

No comments: